Name: Muhammad Idris
Position: Junior Blood Transfusion Scientist
Laboratory: Blood Component Processing Laboratory
Department: Blood Services Group
Organisation: Health Sciences Authority
Having been intrigued by the complexity and beauty of biological systems, I was naturally drawn to the life sciences major in my undergraduate years. The life science major offered in the National University of Singapore was both rigorous and enlightening. The knowledge and experiences that I had gained through the major gave me an enormous appreciation and respect for the health sciences sector and the people who work in such fields. In order to enhance my undergraduate experience, I decided to concurrently take a minor in Statistics as biological experiments and data are often analysed through statistical protocols.
After graduating with the aforementioned qualifications, I was determined to contribute to and make my mark in the public health sciences field. Being a member of the blood component processing laboratory would allow me to make such a contribution.
Blood component processing is an important line of work that prepares the required components of blood for patients who are often in dire need of the various constituents of blood. As such, the Blood Services Group and its laboratories are in the noble profession of saving lives. Moreover, blood components do not last very long and more of such resources are constantly needed. Even though I may not be an official member of the Red Cross family, I do my part by donating blood as regularly as I can, a habit that I picked up as an undergraduate.
Above all else, I value the quality of my work and would strive to maintain a high throughput in all my professional endeavours. This would correlate well with the qualities of your organisation, which has recently achieved the Singapore Quality award in April 2009 and the AABB accreditation for the Blood Services Group in May 2006. Being punctual, disciplined and responsible are some of the other qualities that I was able to polish as an undergraduate. I am also an independent worker who can work effectively and cohesively with others.
My short – term career goal is to have the experience of working in a world class laboratory such as the blood component processing laboratory of the Blood Services group, while my long – term aspirations involve contributing to the health sciences field in a higher and more involved capacity.
I hope that I can be part of the Blood Services group and the Health Sciences Authority and share in your vision of innovation and service, to protect and advance national health and safety.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi,
ReplyDeleteHey I am impressed by your passion to serve the Blood service group and your relevant knowledge that can help push the team to greater heights.
However, to make your biodata more convincing and stand out better, you could mention in greater details your laboratory techniques and hands-on experiences (from laboratory sessions you might have in school) that can make a meaningful contribution to the company.
Since you talked about how you can make a contribution to the processing laboratory, it would be good to mention the above. :)
Nonetheless, a job well done!